Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Folded Star Hotpad

Photo: Folded star hot pad I made. More info on my blog http://tswiftgirl.blogspot.com

Here's the folded star hot pad I made.  This is one of those retro patterns that I missed the first time around.  For some reason I didn't make one before.  I guess better late than never.  Anyway I really wanted to do the ornament on the Styrofoam ball but I had the pattern for the pad and thought that might be an easier one to start with.  This one was basted around the edge and was pretty simple.  What was interesting with this one was the material I used for 2 of the rows was a Christmas striped design.  Depending how it is cut and folded determines the pattern that comes out of it.  Next time I would definitely use and place material differently.  So my next project will be the ornament which is all pinned instead of sewn.  I have a bunch of old pins I never use so this would be perfect.  You're probably wondering why Christmas stuff, huh?  Well, this past weekend was Christmas in July on QVC and one of the quilt shops is planning classes that get people going on their gifts.  It got my juices flowing, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment