Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Best Super Glue Remover

Here's another in my best of ... series.  I finished up a couple Penn State necklaces that I wanted to make before the first game we're going to.  I used some jewelry glue to hold the material while I clamped the end shut and, like usual, got it all over my fingers.  I tried goo-gone, paint thinner and lacquer thinner to no avail.  Then I looked it up online and found super glue's kryptonite  -  nail polish remover, aka acetone!  Wow, does that stuff work great.  Hope no one out there knew this trick and never told me before.  I didn't even have to soak my fingers in it.  A quick wipe and I could feel the glue melt and then everything evaporated.  Now I won't have to hesitate to use this glue.  I still don't think it was real super glue based on the size of the tube and price, but once I had it on me, there was no mistaking its traits. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment