Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Finished the Runner

I got my daisy table runner done in time for Easter and it looked nice but what a lot of work.   It was supposed to be a simple project.  I wrote another blog describing the pieced daisy flowers surrounded by med. blue fabric with yellow polka dots.  I knew at the time it was too much blue and in putting in the binding, I needed more of the daisy print.  During the class, the others suggested I do the outline quilting, daisy binding and a light gold flange to match the center of the daisy.  After quite a few broken needles and frustrating days, I did the outline quilting.  I will never do the same again, or at least not in 1/4 inch intervals like this.  I did my best to keep things even but that was near impossible.  Also, it would have been much easier if the pattern had been simpler.  I reached a point in my quilting that was very tricky.  The flange, or narrow folded flap that goes just inside the binding, went in well.  I really like the look of this and will definitely do it again.  The binding went in smooth also even though I opted to finish it by hand.  I just wasn't sure of the corners.  Now I'm off onto another project which is finishing the scrapbook of the grandkids here last summer.  I'd say it was time.

No comments:

Post a Comment