Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Struck Out Again

Yes, I'm talking about my pizza class last night.  Don't get me wrong, I had a good time and enjoyed the pizzas we made, they just weren't "the ones".  I knew right from the get-go that the crust was not going to be what I was looking for, from the recipe.  It used AP flour and basically nothing special.  Then he said this would not be what we were used to but Italian style pizza crust.  That should have meant Neapolitan but instead it meant cardboard.  Like I said, I like the pizza except when the cheese didn't make it all the way out to the edge of the crust and it really got crisp.  Otherwise the flavors in the pizzas were good, just would have been better with a different crust.  I made the onion pie which first had a couple layers of cheese (mozzarella and swiss), then an onion sauce made with onions spices and cream, then chopped leeks and scallions and more spices.  It seemed to be just about everyones favorite along with the salad pizza, as I called it.  That one had about 3 cheeses layered on first (mozz, swiss and goat) then baked and when it came out it was topped with arugula, cherry tomatoes and a vinaigrette.  Believe it or not, it was tasty.  The other options were with a red sauce, which he made.  Those were topped with all different toppings such as prosciutto, mushrooms, artichokes in addition to the cheeses.  The instructor left much to be desired as far as the recipes and need to do most of the work himself.  No wonder he seemed frazzled at times.  So I'm back to square one as far as my pizza crust.  I brought home some dough to try it at home, maybe a little thicker and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment