Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Twister Jack

Photo: Twister jack wall hanging done except for quilting. back and binding. More on blog

Well the front is done and at this point I'm seriously adding this to a new series called "Would I do this again?"  This has been over a year in the making and I'm still not done with it.  Part of it is the seasonal aspect of it.  I've said before that I work best with self-imposed  deadlines.  I got the twister tool last summer (2013) at the Row by Row and looked at it for months.  Once I found the twister jack pattern I started accumulating fabric for the squares.  As always, trying to make something with what I already have in my stash leads to more purchases.  It's inevitable that I needed a little more black and at least one more shade of orange.  I didn't start cutting my squares until after Christmas when my other projects were done.  In the spring my hubby was planning a trip to the blue-white game and I thought that would be the perfect time to bang this project out at the cabin.  I never realized how big this project would start out to be.  It covered the whole top of our full size bed and then some.  I didn't anticipate the problem with my machine though.  Part way through the sewing of the rows, it started to squeal.  What an awful sound that was!  It did push me to get the machine serviced.  It wasn't until June that I took the strips to my daughter's house to use the tool and create my twister jack.  A couple more months go by and now, faced with the looming Halloween season, I needed to finish it. When I do finish it I intend to add both the triangles for use on the wall and strips to use it over the railing, either at home of the cabin.  As a final note, since I won't post anything more about jack, the backing will be black and the binding will be orange with block dots.  Done and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment