Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, June 1, 2012

Buying Fabric

Here are 10 GOOD REASON TO BUY FABRIC


1
. It insulates the cupboard where it is kept

2. I'm participating in a contest.... The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

3. It keeps the economy moving- it is my duty to support cotton farmers, textile mills and fabric shops

4. It is less expensive and more fun then psychiatric care.

5. It keeps without refrigeration, you don't have to cook it to enjoy it, and you never have to feed it, change it, wipe its nose or walk it

6. Because you are worth it.

7. Like dust.... Its good for protecting previously empty spaces in the house, like ironing boards, the laundry baskets, the spare bed

8. Its not immoral, illegal or fattening. it calms the nerves, gratifies the soul and makes me feel good.

9. Because it was on sale.

10. BUY it now, before your husband retires and goes with you on all your shopping expeditions
Well, it may not look as good as it should but at least I got it moved.  I just got my e-mail from the quilt shop with this list and thought I'd post it on my blog.  I guess it's all about justifying the need to buy fabric.  My problem can be that I sometimes over think how much I'll actually need and end up buying more than I could ever use.  I do have a collection of scrap patterns for this specific purpose.  I like the one about it not being immoral, illegal or fattening.  I could do a lot worse in other words.  Of course, when it's on sale and I've had to travel a ways to get there, it's a sin not to buy something (my hubby told me that).  I still think my favorite is #10!!!  Keep in mind I enjoy going places with my hubby, he's very generous and patient but sometimes I feel like he'd rather be someplace else.  Crazy, I know, because who wouldn't get as much of a thrill out of a fabric store as me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment