Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Me

I guess we always say those kind of things at the beginning of a new year, that's nothing new.  I have no real resolutions, per se, this year because I know how all that goes.  Last year I talked about using adjectives to put into resolutions and then my surgery came up.  If I had known about all that I could have made one that said just to be alive.  I'm being melodramatic, of course, but last year was one of recuperation.  I still don't feel fully recovered but that's mainly my fault.  I still get out of breath when I walk up the stairs and that is what bothers me the most.  Also my weight has fluctuated so much this year.  It amazes me that my weight was low when I was feeling the worst and as soon as I was feeling better, it went up and up.  They told me to weigh myself every day when I left the hospital so I wasn't experiencing sudden gain from water retention.  Now I don't even want to look at that scale.  My dil mentioned in her blog about non-scale successes and I'm going to focus on those this year, such as zippering my pants and not being out of breath going up the stairs.  As usual I'm collecting recipes and I have a few I'd like to try to soothe my sweet tooth but in a healthier way.  Of course I still have these containers of fudge, candy and cookies that I was not able to pawn off on anyone over Christmas.  I considered not making anything over the holidays but that is just not an option for me and if you had seen how well it all went over, you'd understand.  So here I am planning my year  -  signed up for a quilting class that will take me to Oct., deciding what classes to take at the 2 upcoming quilt shows in Cleveland, helping my daughter with her wedding plans, having the grandkids here for another week this summer, and who knows what after that, maybe a trip.  Today I have a list that's a mile long of things that need done so I better get to it.  Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment