Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

More to Learn

Yes, there's a lot more for me to learn about quilting or maybe there always will be if I'm doing different things all the time.  I started this new quilt the first of the month and all went very well, or so I thought, the first week.  In fact, I was starting to get a little cocky and thinking I'd be done with this in a couple weeks.  Then the reality set in as I laid everything out to look at.  Evidently I was not as precise as I should have been in fussy cutting all my florals.  Once I set them on corner, some were not facing the top of the quilt like I had intended.  I also sewed some together too soon so a bunch had to be taken apart.  I also thought I had plenty of squares but once I started moving some around I realized that some wouldn't work on the edges.  Really, it was just a slight setback but it's a lot of small pieces to put together and I feel I'm losing some motivation.  I'm giving myself a goal each day to complete a certain part so I can think and reflect on each step.  I realize this is not an easy first project by any stretch of the imagination and in that sense I think I'm still doing pretty well.  I have my first class this week and I'm sure I'll learn something there that maybe I can bring home with me.  Then I'll be wondering what my next project will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment