Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another Three Things

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while but we've been busy.  Here's three things that I've been busy with.
  1. I've been trying to get my exercise in first thing in the morning.  I found I was spending too much time on the computer first thing but when I tried having breakfast then waiting until mid-morning to exercise, it didn't happen.  Right now I'm into a new dvd, Leslie Sansone's 5 really big miles from the walk slim program.  It's with a totally new group of walkers, new music and new moves.  Each mile is different in the length of time spent, use of the resistance band and use of boosters or jogging instead of walking.  I try and do 2 miles which is a good workout for me.
  2. I've been sewing up a storm since the beginning of the year.  I finished the one quilt (no picture yet) and am almost done with the pillow sham for it.  I hope I remember this ruffle I'm putting on this thing so I never do that again  -  what a job!  Then I had my first real class last week for my bom.  It took 2 hours for most of us to complete the one block.  Now I have to finish 11 more.  It's not that it's hard or time consuming (I have it down to 1 hr.) but very monotonous.  I've been doing at least 2 a day to keep me on track.  That's not the only homework I have though.  We got a list of material to cut out that's the length of my arm (the list, that is).  I still wasn't sure about my next color so I bought more and now I feel better about it.  I still don't know what block 2 will look like though.  One more thing I need to do before the next class is make a new bag to store all my stuff in.  They have a class on this one but not until later in the year and it's $30 to attend.  I'm sure I can whip one up myself???
  3. The last thing I've been doing to making cookie dough and freezing it for the wedding cookies.  I have a long list of ones I'd like to try and some need to be sampled first.  I thought it might be better to freeze the dough instead of some of the cookies  -  I think they keep better. 
Well, that's what I've been up to along with making trips to Mechanicsburg, Mentor and Cleveland.  Thank goodness the weather has been holding up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment