Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our Very Own Bear

Well, here it is  -  our very own bear!  This is the purchase I mentioned yesterday.  Last week we went to the chainsaw festival in Ridgway and we found this to buy.  I knew I wanted a bear when we first decided to go but never thought we'd have such a selection to pick from.  This seems to be the most popular item to carve.  I didn't expect the prices though.  I think it makes a very nice addition to our front porch.  It was a fascinating display to watch, what with all the chainsaws and other tools that they use.  Some of the detail was amazing as was the size of some of the carvings.  I never realized they had permanent carvings right in town along the main street.  I'd love to have the elk!

No comments:

Post a Comment