Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Trying to Get Back in the Saddle

What I mean is that I'm trying to get back to writing this blog.  Sorry I've been preoccupied.  It's just that I've been busy doing things and haven't wanted to write about them, at least not yet.  One thing i did last week was work on the scrapbook for my daughter's wedding.  I can really get into this sort of thing and am consumed by it.  Things also tend to snowball with this.  I got the pictures copied, from me and the future mil, then set aside last week to do it.  I made a trip to Hobby Lobby (if I knew how to pin this place I would) and stocked up on paper, etc.  In the process I found family tree papers that I thought would be great in the book.  Then I had to look through stuff to find the info and eventually got a 14 day free trial on Ancestry.com.  Now you know where this is going  -  hours looking through census records, newspaper articles, the whole shebang.  Unfortunately, I didn't find much more than others had already found for me.  So I think I can safely end my subscription before my 14 days are up.  I still have some options that I will look into, such as talking to an aunt who's the only one left on my dad's side.  Other than that I'll take a couple more pictures at the upcoming shower and it'll be done. 
Now, this is what I didn't do last week  -  work on my BOM quilt.  This is the first time since I started that I haven't jumped right in to get all that done.  This is a tough one, too, along with being very frustrating for me.  There's 8 blocks but 4 parts to each block.  I have no problem getting each section done except for being totally bored with the same pattern over and over, but it's sewing the units together.  My teacher has pointed out how I'm not being as precise as I should be for the first part.  Then I go to put them together and I'm off, not a lot, but enough to notice.  My other concern is my use of prints and how those are not matching up like I would like them to.  With that comment I'm met with "You shouldn't have been using those anyway".  Dah, if I knew what it would look like I wouldn't have!!!  Anyway, I don't want to get started on that.  So I haven't done anymore blocks or cut out my fabric for next month, but I have looked a few things up online to see what my problem might be.  I've decided it's the paper that's making it hard for me to match things up and someone suggested using paper clips instead of pins.  I'll try that.  I really hate to be so negative this early in the game but I have lost all interest in doing this.  I refuse to beat myself up since I have so many other things to get done right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment