Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, April 23, 2012

A Tube of Biscuits

The simple things in life, right?  I have learned over almost 39 years of marriage that my best friend can be a tube of biscuits.  Oh, I can make them from scratch and have a very good recipe but what I've realized about myself is that I need a lot of positive feedback to keep making things from scratch.  I used to buy the 4 tubes to a pkg. back when they were a dollar and make regular biscuits, especially when I had hot dogs and beans, mini pizzas, sloppy joe mini sandwiches and an all time favorite, deep fried donut holes.  Of course that was before I sent my deep fryer to the Goodwill, an act I still feel slightly guilty about knowing how bad it is.  We've progressed to the Grands biscuits and made more things that are baked, but they still tend to be a staple of mine.  This week I made something that always strikes a positive note with my hubby  -  cinnamon rolls in muffin tins.  I've made real cinnamon rolls from scratch, too, and also the frozen ones and tube ones, but these still are great.  Sometimes I feel sad he can't appreciate the scratch recipes that I've made but then the simplicity of these win out every time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment