Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Coke Box Liner

I don't have a picture of this yet, mainly because it doesn't look like anything until I put it in the box.  I finished the fabric liner I made for my daughter's Coke box.  It was with the same material that I used for the mixer cover and table runner but this shows off the flowers that match the Coke symbol.  This was definitely a learning experience.  It seemed so simple that I didn't have a pattern.  I just took the measurements and did it.  Now I can say I think I tore as much out as I sewed on it.  I admit I had no idea what I was doing but I learned.  I used 4" squares for the inside bottom but measured that all wrong and had to redo it a couple of times.  The sides went together pretty well except the second side I sewed wrong sides together  -  what was I thinking!  Then I did the strip with the flowers that shows on the outside of the box and once I figured out how they should go, it was a snap.  Putting the elastic on was a little bit trickier and it didn't end up like I intended but it works even better.  Hopefully I'll have pictures to show later.  Now on to the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment