Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Direction

I'm hoping my projects will take a new direction this year.  I have a couple of quilt tops done or almost done but have yet to get them finished, either by myself or outsourcing.  I've found that I so much prefer smaller projects that I can quilt on my own.  My plan is to make all those wall hangings I want for my railing at the cabin.  I've been planning this since the day we moved in there.  At first I didn't want seasonal hangings but now I'm all for it.  The way I figure, I can put them up and take them down just like the seasons change.  Last fall I started my Twister Jack block but didn't finish it yet.  I had too many other things to do than work on a Halloween project.  It's ready to go whenever I am though.  Right now what I'd like to do is my cabin hanging.  So far I have a log cabin block, bear's paw block, Smokey the bear block and a pine lodge block.  I also want to make a log cabin (house) block, flag, snake, sun and possibly more animal blocks.  Size will definitely be an issue with this.  I want it to be something we look at and remember a story about it.  I'm hoping this will be an outlet for me to make several of the projects I have on my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment