Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, January 10, 2014

We're #1

Yes, that's right.  We're #1 in snow totals for the season in Erie, PA.  This came as a surprise to me for several reasons.  I guess the first was because we were actually here so little so far.  But really I've seen a lot more snow here in other years.  I think one thing that happened this year was the temperature changes.  Usually when we get snow it's cold and it stays cold.  This year it spiked to above freezing temps and then plummeted to frigid ones.  That got rid of a lot of the snow where in the past we would have a snow covered road all winter.  But like I said I remember times when we were literally snowed in.  I also remember those times with -15 degrees during the day so these cold temps were bad but still not something that I've never experienced.  I guess all in all you learn to live with it, drive in it, shovel it and enjoy it since you have no other choice.  It is also a sign that I'm getting older and not much phases me anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment