Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New Vest

I just finished a denim vest that my hubby ordered from Mary's sewing place.  Ha, Ha.  That's kind of what it seems like sometime.  In fact, I told him one of the most intimidating phrases is "You know what I could use?"  That always leads to some sewing project.  It's not that I don't like doing it, in fact, it's just the opposite.  I loved making this once we got past the preliminaries like style, material and function.  I spent all day yesterday playing around with different pockets to put on it and learned a lot from it.  I was glad I could make something for him since he is very supportive of my sewing habit.  Couldn't ask for anyone better!  Now I just have to prepare myself for the inevitable dirt that will befall this brand new vest and I know it will come.  But I'd rather have it be filthy and well worn than pristine and still in the closet.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment