Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, April 25, 2014

Quickie Project

Well, after sending my sewing machine to the shop to get cleaned, I expected to be looking for other things to do.  It wasn't the case.  He called the next day saying my machine was done.  I felt silly for not wanting to hear good news but I've been through this before.  I feel sometimes they zip through it too quick and don't catch the real problems.  I guess time will tell.  I was told there is a 90 day guarantee on stitch quality so "sew away".  That's exactly what I did.  I found a project in a magazine that was online so I copied it.  It was for a thread catcher bag with weighted pin cushion.  I decided to use some material my son and daughter bought me.  It was a cute idea and one that if nothing else I could use when I go to my classes.  The only part that I wasn't sure about was the weight in the pin cushion which was supposed to be sand.  I just didn't like that part and wondered if some might come out through the seam.  We didn't have any anyway and their substitute was drapery weights.  I remember my mother using butter knives in the drapes to hold them down.  We've come a long way. I really didn't want to make a trip to the store and buy anything so I asked my hubby if he had something that might work.  Well, he suggested the fishing tackle that I used on several occasions in the past.  I told him they should set up a fishing tackle department in the sewing or craft store.  When I had my girl scout troop I used swivels for the bracelets we made, another type of swivel for the ribbon twirlers for Audrey's party and now sinkers for my pin cushion.  It can go both ways with crafts and hardware supplies as I've mentioned to my hubby if he needs something specific to try the craft store.  These sinkers worked great!  By the way, my machine is working really well so far so I'll keep my fingers crossed.  I also plan on writing a blog sometime after Sat. highlighting some crafts I made for my daughter's doggy birthday party.  I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment