Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Baby Blanket

Here is the blanket I made for Steve and Kristina's baby.  I used fleece for the center and flannel for the edge and backing.  The things I would do differently are:
  1. Use the polka dot material for the backing.  It was very soft and I wish now it would have been on the other side, too.  It was also my favorite fabric.
  2. I would have made the outside strips in different sizes.  It was difficult trying to get the fleece and flannels the right size for what I wanted the overall size to be.  The blue could have been a smaller width and maybe even another pattern mixed in. 
  3. It wasn't until I was almost done that I wish I would have put a batting inside.  I was worried it might be too heavy with fleece and flannel.  I was also concerned that if I put batting in, it would involve more quilting which I didn't want to do.  Next time I will use fleece as a batting which will give it more weight but not require added quilting. 
All in all I like the blanket, it was soft and cuddly and easy and quick to finish.  Kristina got a ton of stuff at the shower so she should be all set.  I forgot the rosamarina salad I made so we're trying to eat that up.  It was a miserable day for traveling but nice to see everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment