Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall Table Runner

I've been accumulating a lot of fall material for quite awhile and thought it was time to make something seasonal for the cabin.  Here it is  -  my fall table runner.  It's nothing all that complicated, just squares of material sewn together and then backed with a non-seasonal fabric that I can use at some other time.  My questions after I complete a project are:
  1. What did I learn from this project?
  2. How would I make it different?
  3. Did I have fun doing it?
Well, I learned that the walking foot I bought and put on my machine to help with the quilting isn't working like it should.  It wasn't until the next project that I figured out exactly what the problem is.  The next runner I do will have bigger squares  -  no, that isn't a joke!  I used up some of my fall stash (a good thing) and I can get the same effect with fewer squares and save me a lot of hassle.  I'm still not having fun but this was such a small project that it didn't matter that I wasn't jumping for joy at every step.  Don't get me wrong  -  I still love piecing things together, it's just the quilting that snags me up.  I still have to learn what I can do and what my machine will let me do, before I reach that point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment