Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Smokey Sweet Potato Soup

I recently found a couple recipes for Sweet Potato Soup and wanted to try it sometime.  One was a creamy soup and the other chunky with broth so I combined the best of each and made it this afternoon.  I decided to make the creamy version which used no milk or thickeners, just the potatoes.  I used leeks, celery, garlic, an apple, ginger and a chipotle pepper from one recipe and from the other I added spices (smoked paprika, cumin and cinnamon).  After using my immersion blender to puree it, I added a little salt and pepper but it didn't need much since the smokiness made it taste good.  I liked it but I might be the only one eating it.  That's ok with me now that I'm getting into having soup almost every day for lunch.  I'm also feeling more like cooking now that the weather is cooling off a little.  Of course, we're still having leftovers from the party on Sat. but we'll finish those up soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment