Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, October 3, 2011

First Snowfall of the Season

We had our first snow of the season at the cabin this past weekend.  We knew it was going to be cold and rainy with a chance of some snow but it came down pretty good there.  It was a wet snow but stuck to the ground and deck.  It was a beautiful site  -  too nice for a mere still picture so I got the camcorder out and took a movie of that snow falling.  I was hoping for a deer in the picture too but no such luck.   I was planning on staying until today but had nothing to keep me busy (hubby was sanding steps) so I headed home yesterday.  On my way out I saw the road between the ponds on Crystal Springs Road was becoming flooded with all the rain and snow.  That's what winter is like in that neck of the woods.  When the news says "in the higher elevations", it doesn't get much higher than us.  But with the leaves changing colors and the cool crisp air, it is certainly a lovely site.  I'm not sure if this snow constitutes a frost or not.  By the time I got up it was about 37 and possibly a tad lower.  I realize it can still snow in the 40's.  I'm wondering only because of having an Indian summer when the temperatures go up after we've had a frost.  It's kind of funny how this snow looked so pretty and in another month or so when we really get hit, we'll be cursing the stuff.  I guess it's all relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment