Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, March 19, 2012

The Down Side

There definitely is a down side to this mystery quilt I'm into right now.  Our teacher told us the first class not to use stripes but checks were OK.  That was our practice class before we bought our material but by the first class (block 1) I saw the repercussions of my choice.  I had my fabric lined up by gradation and then realized we were sewing them from side to side.  That meant when I purposely didn't put my 2 checks together by sewing them like this they ended up next to each other.  Oh well, I got used to it.  Then this last class (block 2) I had to extend one of my strips to a point and sure enough it was my small check!  It was hard enough to match up the seams but to also make it so the checks matched was worse.  The first time I tried to sew the 2 parts of block 1, I tore it out twice and sewed three times.  The second block went a little better.  I guess I was right when I thought this choice would come back to bite me  -  it did!

No comments:

Post a Comment