Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Appliance

Well, we finally bit the bullet and bought a new dryer.  This has been a long time coming and I fought it as long as I could.  Even when our youngest was still home, the dryer has been acting up and leaving burn marks on our clothes.  I would get yelled at like this was somehow my fault.  At first the burn marks would come clean in the next wash but then they wouldn't.  I didn't even realize they were burn marks  in the beginning, just dirt of some kind.  Then, when I started quilting and washing my material first it became a problem and it wouldn't come out.  I looked it up online and found others had the same issue and I came away with some solutions.  My hubby got inside there and cleaned everything out good and I started using the permanent press cycle which used lower heat.  That worked for awhile except I had to run each load (small in fact) a second time to finish drying.  Then a couple weeks ago it started again and now all over my hubby's underwear.  The last thing I wanted to do was spend money on something we would only use until we move to the cabin but I had no choice.  I also didn't realize how overpriced they were with features I would never use.  I wanted something very simple and lower than $400.  Well, that didn't actually happen, it has more knobs than I'd like and is pricier, too, but what could we do.  As we left the store, the salesman said to enjoy the new dryer but the purchase of a new appliance has never instilled much enthusiasm in me.  I told my hubby that if it came with a little man inside that would jump out and do the laundry for me, then I'd get real excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment