Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Potato Leek Soup

Now that it's getting a little colder out I'm thinking soup so last night I decided to use the leeks I bought over the weekend and make soup.  At first I was thinking of using chicken because the lady that sold me the leeks said her husband was going to make Chicken with leek soup.  I've never had that but looked up some recipes for it.  Nothing sounded all that interesting to me so I went with my standard creamy potato soup recipe but substituted the leeks for the onions.  A hurdle in the recipe came when I discovered I was out of carrots  -  no problem, I substituted a half sweet potato.  Really what I wanted to do was make it look like I put them in because my hubby, number 1 would want them in there and number 2 he really only likes candied sweet potatoes.  Problem solved  -  you'd never know the difference!  My recipe also has the option to add cheese so I threw in a couple handfuls of cheddar cheese.  It was better for lunch today than dinner last night and when I freeze some, I'll have it for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment