Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Mom's Birthday

Today is my mom's birthday.  I often think more of her at this time and wonder what she would say about things happening now.  Even this blog would have initiated a response.  I think it would have been favorable, remembering how she herself took to new technology.  I've mentioned before about her and the CB craze.  She didn't seem to fight new things, especially not like my Aunt Mary Jane.  Mom would have embraced the microwave, cordless telephone and computer.  She might not have fully utilized their features but she would have made them work for her.  I admire her for that and hope I'm a little that way too.  Who knows what else is coming our way that us old folks will have to deal with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment