Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, March 22, 2013

What a Day!

Well, went to my class yesterday.  What a day, weather wise!  Of all days when I have to drive over an hour and have already paid for it.  Getting over there was the least of my worries though.  Never did I think it would be so bad coming home.  It wasn't until right before my exit on 90 that visibility got to 0.  I decided to take the back road to avoid any cars.  People on the interstate drive way too fast for me anyway.  So the rest of the way home I followed tracks in the snow at a snail's pace.  But I made it!  Now to the class.  I'm beginning to think this free-motion quilting is not for me.  I can't seem to get the hang of it and end up being very frustrated.  The day was spent practicing and listening to information about workspace, machines and thread.  Most of the talk about the thread fell on deaf ears I'm afraid.  My focus was to learn how to do it before I can even think about using different threads.  I realize some of it was important to know in order to make the process work but I wasn't ready to move on.  I did learn I need a couple more things for my machine to work more efficiently for me.  That extension table I failed to get with my machine would have come in handy.  Also if I intend to use the clear thread I'll need a spool holder to hold it upright which I don't have now.  Shame on you Babylock.  You should have thought of this already.  So my intention of coming home a confident beginner in the free-motion technique and a completed quilted table runner, was not going to happen.  I did get some good ideas on quilting that table runner which I will probably use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment