Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, March 2, 2013

I Chewed It Up

I've been watching The Chew in the afternoons, at least until I get busy with something else.  But this past week there have been a couple shows that interested me enough to sit and watch the whole thing.  They were the Cooking Class and Pies.  I was disappointed with both of them, I'm sorry to say.  As far as the Cooking Class goes, they tried to handle way too much into an hour show along with all their regular things.  They had several people from the audience working along with a regular to make something at his direction.  The other regulars were helping them do it and at times had to take over so their people could watch and do the next step.  I could see the frustration on their faces.  I mean who teaches someone to make pasta in a 3 minute segment?  The problem with the Pie show was that they never once gave a recipe or instructions on making crust.  That's what it's all about, people and I'm sure they all knew that.  It would have been much better to do pie making from beginning to end and make one decent pie instead of several with no basics.  I'm sure others just like me were watching and waiting for the crust how-tos but they never came.  It seems to be a fun show but like I said, they try and include way too much stuff for an hour show.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment