Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, April 8, 2011

No Desire for Sweets

Every time I've been in the hospital for some sort of operation, I come home free of cravings. It doesn't bother me while I'm in the hospital, in fact I feel even better with no sugar or fat to affect my body. I remember with my knee operation, I didn't even have hot flashes while I was in there. But then once I get home and back to every day life, those cravings sneak back in and in a short while it's like they never left, until now. When I went for my check-up last week, the CNP told me the 2 things that were the hardest to overcome were eating and sleeping. The day after the surgery they were giving me solid food and I was eating something of everything on my plate. I knew it was important for my recovery. I've continued that since I've been home even though I really don't have much in the way of hunger pains and no desire at all for sweets. In fact, the thought of eating something sweet kind of turns my stomach. I had maple and brown sugar oatmeal yesterday and couldn't manage to finish it. I've come to realize that right now, eating is merely routine for me and something I'm in the habit of doing. I'm suffering right now with a little bit of a queasy stomach - probably from the hot dogs I've had the last couple nights. I'm not sure when or if this all will change for me but for now I can't complain. I thought for sure that during some of my low moments I would have succumbed to those chocolate eggs in the cupboard but nothing. Being such an emotional eater and feeling such a wide range of emotions since my surgery, I'm shocked that I haven't turned to food for support.

No comments:

Post a Comment