Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, April 25, 2011

On the Road Again

Today was a big step for me - I drove for the first time since my surgery. It'll be six weeks Tues. but I felt pretty confident in driving to Edinboro for my bloodwork. I have to admit I was a little nervous at first and even told my husband not to watch me pull out. I spent a little time moving stuff around in the car the way I want it and knowing that as long as I'm driving there's no need to sit in the backseat anymore. Once I got behind the wheel, it was like I never left. I put my Lady Antebellum cd in, cranked it up and took off singing. I felt empowered! The only glitch I felt was when I saw a guy in a big truck swerving onto the berm and back onto the road. My foot hit the brake and I almost took the car off the road. All I thought about was getting into a wreck and with my coumadin, bleeding is not something I want to do. At least I was aware of what was going on around me and I felt I had some control so I didn't panic. I made it to the ACL for my bloodwork and then stopped at Giant Eagle to do a little shopping. It probably took me twice as long by myself but it felt good to browse the aisles. By the time I made it home I was beginning to feel tired and I could also feel the muscles in my chest that I've not used for six weeks. I know I can do it now and little by little I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment