Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wake-up Call

Sorry I haven't posted anything for awhile. I've had some bad days and some busy ones, too, and didn't want to come on here and complain too much. There's no doubt I'm frustrated when I have these bad days and my recovery isn't going like I thought it should. Of course, I don't know what I should be expecting as far as my recovery. I saw the doctor the other day and he said he has no doubt that by Labor Day I'll be good as new. Labor Day is in Sept.!!!! What happened to that 2 month recovery time I was told about? If I had more motivation or interest in doing things I'm sure time would go much faster. Right now I'm thinking about my 6-7 weeks after surgery and getting rid of these restrictions. At that point I can get out more and maybe even start exercising. Hopefully that would improve my disposition considerably. Something else the doctor said while I was there that made me stop and think was about my bad days and being thankful I'm having any days at all. I guess I've not had that "wake-up call" with this open-heart surgery. I've never felt that my life was in jeopardy - probably because I had no symptoms before the surgery. This was something I knew I had to have done or it would shorten my life but it never really hit home for me. I think the only "wake-up call" I've had was after my knee injury and I realized how precious walking was. It was after that when I started exercising. Hopefully that will help me through this recovery also.

No comments:

Post a Comment