Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Little Walks of Mine

Progress has been slow it seems but when I do go out to appts, etc., everyone seems to comment on how well I'm doing. Of course, I usually find someone who is an expert in the field of cardiovascular surgery and insists on keeping me informed. I have to admit I hate that. I'm thrilled that these people have researched the surgery and are aware of what they are doing or a family member is going through, but I am less than interested in hearing about it. At this stage of my recovery all I'm focused on is my progress and how I feel. So when I started making a loop around the living room, hallway and kitchen and walking for 10 minutes, I was pretty proud of myself. In addition, I felt wonderful and full of energy. But then if I take a couple steps a little too quick, I'm down for the count, huffing and puffing. I suppose I should expect those setbacks and work toward the bigger goal which is stamina. I find myself more able to do things in the kitchen like cleaning up, emptying the dishwasher, etc. and I even made chicken and biscuits last night for supper. Of course, it was leftover chicken and the biscuits were already made but it was a project for me. This week will be 3 wks. since my surgery and traditionally that has been a milestone for me with other surgeries. Only 3 more wks. until I can get behind the wheel and drive!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see you are doing better. In time you will be back to your old self. If you are like me, you get tired of hearing that but you will be. The weather is still yucky out so these weeks you can recoop. And be doing well to be out and about. Bet you can't wait to drive and do things again. Keep doing well, AMY

    ReplyDelete