Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, May 11, 2012

Another Bathroom Dilemma

I've written about bathroom etiquette before but this one is a little different.  This involves the seat itself.  I like Sheetz because you can always find seat liners in there.  This to me is the best way to put that barrier between you and whatever anyone else that sat before may have left.  If no seat liners are available I usually put down paper even though I realize that can be messy.  At times I will hover but I do not prefer that option.  Lately I've been encountering a new solution that I emphatically refuse  -  using toilet paper and a dispenser of disinfectant to clean my own toilet seat.  Now mind you I did this job for 13 years and have no problem with cleaning toilets but when I did it I used a johnny mop so I didn't have to put my hands on the seat.  Most people I worked with used gloves when they cleaned the bathrooms.  So these people are asking us to use our bare hands to clean the seat!!!!  Then there's the problem with most disinfectants requiring the surface stay wet for at least 5-15 minutes to assure killing the germs.  Do they expect us to wait and then dry it off so we can go?  Who's idea was this anyway and was it meant to keep from throwing away the paper liners  or lighten the load of the employees who are supposed to clean the restrooms.  And we all know most of these restrooms are not really cleaned all that well and  we are taking our chance with them anyway.  I personally think I do my part, mainly because I've  worked in that field, to maintain a bathroom when I use it by picking up any toilet paper that falls on the floor, flushing the toilet, sometimes even wiping excess water from the counter and above all making sure that my paper towel makes it in the wastebasket.  But cleaning my own toilet seat is more than I will do, thank you very much.  Remember I'm retired!

No comments:

Post a Comment