Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Better Late Than Never

Why does it take me so long to try something new out?  I'm talking about this Side Cutter sewing machine presser foot that I bought with my Necchi sewing machine years ago.  I remember watching the guy demonstrate it and thought what a great idea so I wouldn't have to buy a serger.   But then I never used it until yesterday.  I wanted to make scarves for the bridesmaids and figured it was time to try it out.  It works fairly well on a nice long straight seam but the problem is on the corners.  The cutter goes kind of crazy and it's been eating up the material.  Thank goodness I started with a bigger piece of material.  What this does exactly is cut the edge of the material,  roll the seam over and  work a zig-zag stitch over it.  It's perfect for the scarves.  I still have to touch up the spots where the cutter went wild though.  I think I would still like to get a rolled seam presser foot and then I wouldn't need to have the cutter.  I'm sorry to say my presser feet with both machines are underutilized.  I'll have to do something about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment