Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Painting - Again

Yes, that's right, I'm painting again.  After doing the bathroom I had no intention of painting again.  I thought I probably deserved a break and would hire a professional to do it the next time.  Then my hubby was fixing a spot near the ceiling and we were discussing what to use to cover it up.  I knew I had bought enough paint to do the living room before I started painting the bedroom then I broke my knee and it never got done.  I just figured before we decided to move to the cabin, I would have someone come in and do the ceiling and walls in the living room.  We debated whether to just touch up the spot with the paint I had, which was just a little different from the original or heaven help us, repaint the walls.  We were definitely not up to the ceiling and I thought as long as I had some help from him, we could do it.  In my younger days doing this all myself would never have been a problem but now the thought of that step stool makes my knees wobble.  I did too much myself yesterday and almost had another incident with the stool so today I handed the high jobs to the hubby and we got the hallway done.  There's a lot of work that goes into painting even before you open the can of paint and that can be hard on anyone with a bum knee.  Now only one wall, with little prepping, and an archway that we can finish by tomorrow.  But for today a little time off to do other things and let our bodies recoup.  And I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm thinking about using the rest of the paint in the family room.

No comments:

Post a Comment