Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, May 7, 2012

Homemade Pillows

Now that we have a newly painted living room I needed some fresh new pillows to go with it.  I started making these pillows before the decision to paint and finished them up yesterday as I put the room back together.  I can't believe I still have jean squares hanging around but what better to do with them than make pillows.  We are hard on our couch pillows so I needed something I could wash and that would wear like all get out.  I put a bunch of fabric together and made more rag stuff.  This time I used the jeans, flannel, plaid homespun and an old red and white checked tablecloth  -  what a combination!  The tablecloth was one of my favorites and someone left an ink stain on it so I retired it from the table but couldn't part with it.  I've since made some curtains for the kitchen with it.  I think I've successfully used it up now.  Anyway, back to the pillows  -  they are bigger than before and have an opening in  the back so I can remove and wash them.  I made the pillow form by using some bandana scarves that I've had for years and stuffing from one of the old pillows plus extra batting.  The other pillow was fiberfil that I had leftover, too.  I got rid of a lot of stuff with these pillows and I think they'll last a while, too.   Believe it or not I still have a few squares of jeans  left.  They seem to be multiplying or something.  At the cabin I'm making one last rag quilt out of the jeans, flannel and homespun but I'm not sure yet what I'll do with it. How's that for repurposing?

No comments:

Post a Comment