Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, February 23, 2013

More Pillowcase Ideas

I've been making a lot of pillowcases the past couple years, mainly for the grandkids.  The idea came from the girl I used to work at Preschool with when she told me she makes them in seasonal material for a child she knew.  At one point I went out and bought a bunch of fabric with the intention of making pillowcases but never got around to it.  The turning point in this was when I found the pattern for pillowcases using the "burrito method".  I absolutely love this technique!  And by the way, all that material I originally bought for them was used on some other quilts.  So now I buy more relevant fabric.  The first ones I made for the kids were a sports one and a horse one.  They went over very well and now I think they look forward to them and even expect them.  I just mentioned to my hubby  that I should be writing down exactly which ones I make them so they are not duplicated.  I would definitely hear about that.  Last month it was Valentine's Day and needless to say, making one for a boy was tricky.  I did a soccer one and avoided the whole discussion.  This month is St. Patrick's Day (hers is shamrocks/his is pots of gold) and Easter (hers is pink and purple eggs/his is Snoopy at Eastertime).   As we were walking through JoAnn's, my hubby found some hockey material  -  wow, what a find!  Now when I need a holiday one for a boy and can't find it, I can resort back to this.  Another idea that came to mind is a birthday one.  They have adorable birthday-related fabric either with cutesy cupcakes or fireworks that would be great.  I've come a long way from the birthday presents I made some of my daughter's friends out of bought pillowcases with movie characters on them.  I cut them up and made a floor pillow out of them.  I knew they were hits when the girls would lug them to our house for sleepovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment