Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Slow Progress

Progress in my recovery does seem to be slow or I'm just more careful that I don't overdo it. I vowed yesterday since we didn't have anywhere to go that it would be an easy day of knitting. I felt good after a good night - a little more sleep but I'm not there yet. I went outside and walked to the mailbox for the mail and then one more time to the middle of the neighbor's yard. I must have looked strange out there inching along like I had lost something but I made it. Other than that and a little cleaning, laundry and watching a movie, it was an easy day but full of things I needed to do. I've decided there will be no napping during the day and by 7 last night it was getting tough. I still rested but didn't recline. The only problem is that after seeing me like that my husband gets the impression I'm back and nothing could be further from the truth. I also realized yesterday that I made the right decision in choosing the mechanical valve because I would never, ever redo this surgery. The inconvenience of bloodwork and regulating my coumadin is nothing compared to the exhaustion I feel after open heart surgery.

1 comment:

  1. Cleaning? and laundry? Should you even be doing that already? It will all still be there tomorrow. Just remember what Braden says, "rest makes you gooder". Take care.Hope to see you soon. I'll keep you in my prayers

    ReplyDelete