Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Working up a Sweat

As I progress into week #7 of my recovery, I thought it was time to start exercising again. It will be a slow process though. This week it will consist of my Yoga Athletic Stretch for Women's Health. The first day I used the dvd but it moved kind of fast and I missed some of it. The next day I did it myself since I knew it by heart. It was more of a workout the second day because I held each stretch for a count of 15 and I did it all. The whole workout gives a great stretch for the upper body, even when you're doing lower body stretches. I was breathing heavy when I was done but not to the point of exhaustion. I'm trying to push things a little anyway as I recover pretty quick and this is the only way I can build up any strength. I'll do a couple more days of this and then I want to move onto my Pilates stretch with the resistance band. This is a great workout and you feel wonderful afterwards. I have a Denise Austin Hot Body Yoga coming from Netflix this week and even though I'm not really interested in the hot body part of it, the yoga might be just what the doctor ordered. By the way, my blood pressure is back up, just like the doctor said it would be so I'm right on track with the exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment