Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Noise Pollution

I've written recently about what I'll miss when we move to the cabin but yesterday I started to think about what I won't miss about living here. Don't get me wrong - some of these things are not all that bad and when my kids were growing up, I enjoyed the hustle and bustle of this area, I even block most of it out. But the cabin is such a different lifestyle that you can't help but compare.


  1. Now that the kids are out of school there's not much sound over there but in the fall when I would sit on the deck and eat my lunch, all I could hear were the screams of a certain little girl. It sounded like she was being abducted or worse. I eventually went inside.

  2. There seems to be a constant stream of cars, trucks or motorcycles driving past out house. The cars are the least of my worries but the trucks literally shake the house and the motorcycles are so loud you can't hear the TV.

  3. Living so close to 79, we seem to get alot of sirens and ambulances heading that way. Of course there's always someone being chased on 99 and an occasional nabbing of someone right in front of the school.

  4. Then there's the normal neighborhood sounds that I don't really mind and can be comforting to know someone else is around such as the 2 boys having fun in their new pool (their voices really carry), the girls next door, and the sound of lawn mowers all around.

  5. The one sound I will never get used to and I wish they would outlaw them or the people that use them are the loud car stereos that blast. Usually it's in a car at the school or stopped at the stop sign out front. Last night it was the kid up the street working on his car with the music playing. The whole house inside was throbbing worse that my pulse at times and I looked around for where it was coming from. When I couldn't see anyone at the usual places I honestly thought it might be my husband in the sitting room begging for help. When I walked outside and saw and hear him, I was appalled. There was absolutely no reason for that.

Now when we go to the cabin I will appreciate the solitude and enjoy the birds, chippies and an occasional woodpecker. When we moved in they all probably said "There goes the neighborhood".

No comments:

Post a Comment