Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stitch in the Ditch

I'm currently working on a project (can't say what) that I need to sew in the ditch and this makes me think of my mom. One thing about my mother is that she was game for just about any craft or new activity coming down the pike. She used to sew alot, in fact, I remember times when she would fix a project I was making while I was sleeping. It was a black velvet a-line dress which had lace inserts going down. It seemed like every time I tried sewing them in, they would pucker and make the dress look awful. She figured it out for me. She was into the Stretch and Sew movement that took over during the 70's with double knit. I think she even took a class on it and one of the techniques they did was stitch in the ditch. Boy could I use her talent now! I guess I'll eventually master it with some practice but she could save me some time. I do have her Touch and Sew machine but I haven't been using it lately. I thought I didn't have the manual for it and looked online to buy it. They were going to charge close to 20 bucks for it. But I found it! When our family room at the cabin is completed, I have plans to put one of my machines there to use. I'm really tickled that a craft room will still be an option for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment