Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Potatoes on the Grill

I am really becoming a fan of potatoes on the grill. The one recipe I made a while back was definitely good but high calorie to say the least. It was the 3-cheese grilled potatoes that included tons of cheese and bacon. It got a little brown on the bottom which made it all the more delectable but the hubby doesn't like all that cheese and I couldn't eat all of it. When my son gave me some of his home-grown Yukon Golds, I thought it was a good time to try them on the grill. They cook up so quick that I thought grilling them was the perfect choice. They turned out great but I don't have anymore. So when I saw baby red potatoes at Erie Co. Farms, I decided to try those. Voila, they cooked up just as quick. Now I've moved on to sweet potatoes and I'm equally impressed. What I do it cut them into chunks (sweets a little bigger, baby reds in half) , drizzle with a little oil and season with some GrillMates seasoning. Believe it or not for the baby reds I use the Montreal Steak and sometimes put onions and peppers in with them. For the sweets I use the Smokehouse Maple that has some brown sugar in it. I coat a double thickness of foil with cooking spray, seal it up and cook over med heat for about 20 minutes, flipping half-way through. I like to get them before they've gotten burned on the bottom but still cooked. This is perfect for us because 1 sweet potato is plenty for us, as is a handful of the baby reds. I enjoy trying the different spice mixes and have a few more up my sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment