Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Redemption

Well, I think I redeemed myself last night with my Beef and Barley Skillet meal. I went through some cookbook magazines and tore out the ones I thought I might try. This one seemed easy, I had the ingredients and was healthy to boot. By the way I just had enough barley in the box. Although it's high in carbs, it also has more fiber and protein which is good. Anyway I used ground beef, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, beef broth and a whole bunch of vegetables such as carrots, tomatoes, and green peppers along with the barley. It cooked up quick in the skillet and reheating should be easy enough. Now I'm looking forward to trying some of the other recipes I cut out.

1 comment:

  1. I think of you often as one of my new favorite pastimes is readin recipes. It's frustrating when things dont work out. But it's so fun when they do. Last night I made a new recipe too. Chicken with carrots and mushrooms. Made my own sauce to cook it in and sprinkled with crumbled bacon. Everyone seemed to enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete