Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What We'll Miss

I was thinking yesterday about what we'll miss when we move to our cabin - not sure when but it will come eventually. Here's what I came up with.



  1. The pool. It's not something I use alot especially not having a heater but on these warm days, I really look forward to it. I spend most of my time in there cleaning it out but it does such a good job of lowering my body temperature. I mentioned before about looking out the kitchen window and seeing the sparkling water. That I'll really miss, even when I can't go in.

  2. The garden. Yes, it's a chore, for my husband anyway, to till it and get it all ready to plant but now that it's in, I find myself thinking of recipes to use the bounty in. In fact, yesterday I found canning lids for .99 each so I bought a bunch. I know I can buy produce at a market but it's been so nice picking it in the backyard for free, whenever I want.

  3. The fruit trees. Once again my husband does all the work until it comes time to pick, can, cook or otherwise do something with all the fruit, and then my job starts. In the past we've made cider with the apples which we love. My husband has a couple trees planted at the cabin but the decision is still out as to whether they will last with the deer and bears around.

So those are the things I think I will miss the most when we leave. They are also the things that take the most time and energy for my husband. I think he will probably miss them more than me except for the pool which I use instead of him. I'm sure there are ways of getting around the garden at the cabin but he says "NO" because it would involve fences, etc. I'm good with that as long as he can find something else to occupy his time. I certainly have my list of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment