Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Brilliant Flash

At the end of an e-mail sent by my sister, there was a line that said  -  My mind is like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone.  I couldn't have said it better about my mind/memory.  I've read all the stuff about keeping your mind strong and things you can do to help.  I suppose I could do more but maybe I forget to.  Who knows.  At least I can write about it here.  One incident happened sometime before Christmas (can't remember exactly when).  I was at the post office when a young girl came in and requested a package for her grandmother who was a neighbor of mine.  As soon as she said the name I remembered her name from preschool.  When I asked if that was her she was immediately surprised that I remembered her.  We chatted for a couple minutes but I know I made an impression on her and myself.  How could I remember such a thing when I don't recall stuff that happened yesterday?  Anyway that will always amaze me as it did with my mother-in-law who told us the same old stories over and over and swore it was the first time she ever told anyone.  Even as I sat here writing this it crossed my mind that I wrote a blog on it before, but I couldn't remember how to get to that list of all my previous blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment