Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year's Projects

As usual we get rejuvenated at the beginning of the new year.  The same holds true for me.  I was off to a slower start this new year but I've already finished a few projects that never were completed last year.  This was all stuff still sitting on the bed in my sewing room with no where to go until done.  The first project was the handy hotpads started in Nov.  I made one before I wrote about the new way to sew on binding.  Now it was time to make the second one using my new technique.  They are great for lids and handles when you don't need a big pot holder and these I'm keeping for myself.  The next project was my bucket bag that was begun early Nov. in a class.  I'm not thrilled with this for several reasons.  I was in a rush to make it that day and the pockets are not how I would like them.  It's OK but I prefer my bow bag that I put a new strap on (one of my projects, too).  Previously it had 2 straps that were not lined with fleece so they had to be replaced.  Then I made 2 pillowcases for the grandkids.  These were new projects though.  The last project since the new year is to put the border on my quilt that I made in class.  We're supposed to get together sometime this month to show our quilts and thought I should probably have it done.  At first I was going to do some half-square triangles around the top and bottom but then I decided to do the same starburst pattern in the quilt only a smaller version.  It will be a slow project I'm afraid but I'll keep working on it.  This one might stay on the bed for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment