Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, January 31, 2013

My First Zumba

Yes, I finally took the plunge and went to a Zumba class on Tues.  Up until I pulled into the Y parking lot I had every intention of still going to the Silver Sneakers class.  Then, I think I realized what I was going through just getting to the Y by 9:15 and thought I should probably make it worth my while.  That's when I thought I'd try the Zumba.  As I walked in, everyone was very friendly with words of encouragement for the newby.  It was definitely a happy place with no chairs.  I was still concerned that it would be too fast and too many dancey moves and both of those were justified.  But I managed to survive if only for 45 minutes instead of an hour.  I think the warm-up was the worst part and then it got better.  Not that I was, mind you.  I basically tried to do the feet movements the best I could and I'll leave the arms for another class.  The girls said it takes at least 3 classes to learn the moves and for me maybe more.  But that's OK because I had a good time and really felt good when I left.  Isn't that what exercise should be all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment