Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Squeaky Wheel

We have been frequenting the Cleveland Home and Flower Show for a good many years.  Most of those times have been very positive despite the time our car broke down and getting it fixed involved a rental car and second trip over.  It all makes for memories in my book.  Last year we made our annual trip with both my daughters and future son-in-law.  The theme was TV shows and that brought back a lot of memories itself.  One feature I always try and do is the cooking demonstration.  Sometimes it's Gloria Paganini herself and other times her pastry chef daughter puts on the show.  I always enjoy it especially when we get to sample the food.  Last year we looked up the time of the demonstration and planned accordingly.  However, they changed the show to be a vendor only show and that really upset me.  As far as I was concerned, mid afternoon on a Sunday should be for the ticket holders not the vendors who are working their areas as they should be.  There were almost none of the vendors at the cooking demonstration anyway.  I fumed to the people there to no avail and then as we were leaving I voiced my displeasure to a girl who worked in the office.  Evidently she was the perfect person to talk to because she apologized to me and said she'd send me some free tickets to this year's show.  She even called me to ask my address but no tickets ever showed up until today.  I received 4 complimentary tickets to the Cleveland Home Show in the mail today!  I guess the squeaky wheel actually does get oiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment