Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pizza Dough Quest

I am still on this quest of mine to find the perfect pizza crust.  I've researched this and know that I need to use 00 flour to make the perfect Neapolitan crust.  This is the New York style foldable crust. I don't necessarily want it paper thin, just chewy, slightly crispy and full of air pockets.  My last attempt was combining bread flour and semolina flour which definitely gave me a different texture than what I had.  I've tried all kinds of combinations in the past such as ap flour and cake flour or cornstarch, all bread flour, more yeast/less yeast, long rise time in/out of the fridge, and different cooking methods (pizza stone, parchment paper, cast iron skillet).  I'll know it when I see it and it hasn't happened yet.  I even found a place to buy the 00 flour but it's out of my price range.  But I've just been able to sign up for a class where they sell 00 flour so I'm hoping we get to try that and I'll see if it's worth it.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment