Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Spring Cleaning

Even though technically it is not spring yet, it still seemed appropriate to start some cleaning.  This week was supposed to be a tad warmer so I thought our sitting room would be more comfortable.  My plan was to start cleaning out the filing cabinets and sort through the mounds of papers we've been saving.  I have most of the paperwork I go through in a smaller cabinet that I've cut down to size before.  It's the ones in the sitting room that we need to clean.  It has proven to be slightly overwhelming as far as tasks go.  But on the other hand it has been interesting too.  I love going through old receipts and papers that give an insight into our lives back then.  Just remembering when we bought something, how much it cost, where we got it and how long it lasted has been a hoot.  I even found out that stamps only cost 20 cents in 1997!  We still have a bunch to go through and I have to admit at times, besides being overwhelmed, I'm plain bored.  There will be a sense of relief and satisfaction when we're done.  In fact, as far as therapy goes, spring cleaning is at the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment