Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, February 1, 2013

One Potato, Two Potato

Yesterday I made my first potato bag for the microwave.  I've seen these before but talked myself out of it because of safety concerns.  Then I read more about it and discovered that they really are safe as long as you follow the right precautions.  I was unable to find the potato fabric at any of the shops , only pricey fabric on the internet so I used other 100% cotton that I had.  It worked well for me because there was stuff that I knew I wouldn't be able to use anywhere else.  I ended up using some blue fabric with coffee beans on it and a brown for the lining. That's the most important part of the whole process  -  100% cotton, including the thread.  What's nice about this is that it can also be used as a hotpad.  My only problem with the bag was getting the closure figured out.  It was supposed to overlap in the front of the bag.  I tried twice until I got that right as the instructions didn't explain it very well at all.  So last night, along with some spencer steaks and salad, I made 2 baked potatoes in my bag.  You are not supposed to prick them, just wrap in a paper towel and put them in the bag.  Cook according to your microwave and voila  -  delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment